Sunday, February 14, 2010

2 weeks till Half Marathon

Its been nearly a week since I have posted and for the most part I have been pretty slack with training. Mid week was busy with kids etc so the training slipped away somewhat. Was supposed to go for a 10km run on Wednesday but it was raining and fearing I might melt with a little bit of water, Shellton and I decided to pull the pin on it so I went to the gym instead.
The following day we manned up and actually went out for 10kms which we did in 1hr 4 minutes (in the rain too...how hard are we??) Was nice running in the cool of the rain on what was a very muggy predawn.
Friday I started to feel the burn of the squats from Wednesday mornings Gym visit and with the effects of the running I gave myself a rest day. I had to be in work early that day anyway and then ended up going to the Blues game after work so would have been hard pressed to get a work out in.
Saturday morning went for another gym session and focused on upper body. Was intending to get some squat work in but ended up just smashing chest and arms. felt awesome afterwards and in the afternoon went for a leisurely game of tennis.
Sunday I was itching to get out for a long run so decided to go for a quick half marathon distance. Did the 21.5kms in 2hrs 6 minutes and the pleasing thing is that I included some hills in the run. Confident now that I can do the distance required and the Cathay Pacific half in 2 weeks will be achievable. Wonder if I can crack 2 hours????

No comments:

Post a Comment