Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New shoes, new 5km time

Received my new shoes from the UK yesterday and they are a perfect fit. It helps to have a bother who's feet are the same size of course. He sent over some Asics Gel 1140's and so I took them out for a 5km TT last night. Got home in 23minutes 26second. Which is a new PB fro me. The shoes definitely made a difference but I was also pretty fresh having not run for 3 days and had a heap of energy. The new time burned me out though and I still have such a long way to go to get to optimal fitness and my long term goal of breaking 20minutes for the 5km. But cracking the 25 minute barrier for the first time is a great step and one that I am secretly just a little proud of.
Miss 3 months old has the flu at the moment so it means a fairly interrupted sleep (although not nearly as interrupted as wifey's). This means getting up at 5ish for the morning run is getting harder to do. Managed to haul myself out this morning with the intention of going for a 10km run with Shellton but we cancelled due to the rain so went to the gym instead. was nice to basically have the gym to myself so early in the morning. Did chest and a good squat session. Feel good having not wasted the morning and will hopefully get back out running tonight.
3 and a half weeks to go till the half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment