Thursday, April 22, 2010

Training update for T42

I have been working pretty hard since the Orewa half in preparation for the T42 which is looming large next weekend. The week after the half marathon I had a really full on week at work including being on a leadership course in the city which meant my commute was over an hour each way and the course was 10 hour days. This left very little time for exercise so it wasn’t until the weekend that I got out there for a leisurely, untimed, 8km jog.

Monday I woke with the sinking feeling that it is only 2 weeks till the T42 and I am woefully underprepared so have decidede to try and run 100km this week to get some good solid miles in prior to the mountain run.

Monday night I did 10kms, Tues am went out at 5:30 for a really nice morning run in light drizzle. Got round in 53 minutdes and then after work that night I did another 10km ( again in drizzle) and did 52 minutes so pace was similar.

Wednesday morning I gave my quads a rest and then Wednesday night busted out another 10km at dusk after work. Work has been crazy lately so it has been awesome to get home, get my shoes on and go and blow out the cobwebs from the day. Ebs is being really supportive of my running at present which is great having the flexibility to run when I need to.

Thursday was a rest day (enforced) as I had to fly to Christchurch for the day for work. I was trying to figure out how to get a run in but I was up at 4:15 am to catch an early flight down and didn’t get home till after 8:30pm. Just had to resign myself to a rest day.

Up this morning for another 10km though and once out there it felt good. Was a slow run though and only got round in 54 minutes...will head out again tonight and the plan is to get a couple of long runs in over the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment