Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm Back


I’m Back,

It has been a long time since I have blogged and that is simply because I have been injured. It started close to my last half marathon when I was getting some ankle pain and this moved in to shin splints and ultimately some lateral knee pain on my right leg. After talking to a lot of people about what was going on, the general consensus was that rest would do me the most good.

So that is what I have done. I have had 3-4 weeks off running with only the occasional 10km blast in there to keep me sane. This has meant that my overall fitness has dropped away but my leg pain has now resolved and I am back into training as of last night. Which wasn’t a moment too soon as I have entered the Mizuno half Marathon in taupo in 2 weeks time so need to get some Kms in. I am not expecting a quick result but will be nice to just get through and finish it

Felt so good to be back out running again last night even though it was dark, cold, raining and generally unpleasant conditions.

I have also started day one of a 30 day challenge on nutrition and will post some info on this soon

So I’m back…woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment